Neinor Homes invests €30m in Basque Country (ES)

Neinor Homes invests €30m in Basque Country (ES)

Neinor Homes has invested €30m in the launch of a new affordable development of Appraised Rate Housing (VPT) in the Basque Country, including the acquisition of land. It is located in Zabalgana, a growing residential area in the southwest of the city. Zabalgana Homes consists of two towers of 13 and 14 floors respectively, which will offer a total of 135 new-build 2- and 3-bedroom homes, each with a garage and storage room. In addition, there will be garden areas and bicycle racks for the use and enjoyment of all homeowners. The development will consist of 48 homes with 3 bedrooms, 81 homes with 2 bedrooms and 6 adapted homes with 2 bedrooms, all of them with 2 bathrooms.


With this new residential project, Neinor Homes is actively promoting access to affordable housing in the Basque Country. The development represents 10% of the existing supply of subsidised housing for sale in 2022 within the region. In addition, through this development, the company expects to generate 330 jobs, 98% of them during the construction period and the remaining 2% once the homes are inhabited. Construction is expected to begin at the end of this year.


This further reflects Neinor Homes’ commitment to the construction of homes for people with difficulties accessing. In 2022, the company delivered 204 affordable housing units, across the Madrid region, Guadalajara and Barcelona. In addition, Neinor Homes currently has a total of 1,126 subsidised housing developments in various stages of production, of which 460 homes are already under construction. As a new urban development, the project will be surrounded by wide pedestrian areas, gardens and children's play areas, as well as a wide range of services, with extensive shopping and leisure facilities, educational and health centres.


Located close to the city centre, the location allows residents easy access to the all the cultural and commercial offerings that the historic centre of Vitoria-Gasteiz has to offer. In addition, Zabalgana Homes is surrounded by wide green spaces to enjoy sports and a more sustainable and healthy lifestyle as well as excellent transport links. As part of Neinor Homes' commitment to energy efficiency and building sustainably, the design of the development is based on construction solutions including a ventilated front façade which will reduce energy demand and electricity consumption, while also providing an elegant feel. The homes will be optimised and offer large windows that provide natural lighting.


Inigo Ibarra, Director of the North Region in Neinor, commented: "This project represents an important step for the company in the delivery of affordable housing in the Basque Country, applying our standards of quality and energy efficiency to subsidised housing".

Related News