AXA IM Alts completes Milan mixed-use redevelopment (IT)

AXA IM Alts completes Milan mixed-use redevelopment project (IT)

AXA IM Alts has completed the redevelopment project of Monte Rosa 91, its iconic mixed-use building originally delivered in Milan in 2003 by Renzo Piano Building Workshop, and redeveloped twenty years later by the same team of professionals. Totalling more than 80,000m², including 47,000m² of lettable office space and a large urban park, Monte Rosa 91, which is managed by AXA IM Alts on behalf of its clients, is one of the largest buildings in Milan.


The redevelopment of the building has transformed Monte Rosa 91 from a commercial office building to a mixed-use urban campus, which has been designed to meet the needs of occupiers. The new complex will be home to more than 12 businesses, and will offer a range of modern amenities, including a nursery and a gym, in order to reflect changing occupier demand for buildings that promote wellness and flexible working. The lobby area will feature a large collection of art by local artists, while the Parco della Luce, Monte Rosa 91’s 10,000m² green space offering refreshments and outdoor seating to both tenants and locals, is expected to open in September 2023. The building is 60% let, with the remaining 40% in advanced negotiations.


The building has been redeveloped to achieve high sustainability credentials and utilises technology to implement its building management systems and reduce energy consumption. As a result of the various energy efficiency works pursued, including completely renovating the mechanical & electrical (M&E) systems and installing photovoltaic panels on the roof, the redevelopment is expected to reduce the energy consumption of the building by 40%.


Monte Rosa 91 is the first refurbished property in Italy to have obtained the Platinum Wired Score certification, which recognises best-in class digitally connected buildings across the globe. It is also targeting LEED Core & Shell Platinum certification, with a particular focus on energy and climate efficiency, as well as LEED EBOM Gold certification, which measures the effectiveness of the property’s operations. 


Antonio Miani, Head of Asset Management Italy, commented: “The redevelopment of Monte Rosa 91 perfectly encapsulates our global development vision and mission: to create buildings that deliver environmental performance, long-term value and societal purpose, for investors, tenants, and local community.”

Related News