The Selection Committee Architect Rotterdam Central has selected six candidates who will have a chance at getting the design-assignment for the new Central Station of Rotterdam and its surroundings.
For this first selection 48 candidates applied for designing the Central Station of Rotterdam and its surroundings. Amongst them were very famous and internationally renowned agencies. The Selection Committee has been put together from representatives of the joint commissioners of the project Rotterdam Central; the ministries of Verkeer en Waterstaat (Ministry of Transport, Public Works and Water Management) and VROM (Housing, Spatial Planning and Environment), NS (Dutch Railways), Cityregion Rotterdam and the municipality of Rotterdam.
The committee has selected the following candidates from the accepted applications:
- Samyn and Partners uit Brussel
- Ingenhoven Overdiek Architekten uit DÃÂ¼sseldorf
- Rafael ViÃÂ±oly Architects pc uit Londen
- CS (Benthem Crouwel, Meyer en Van Schooten uit Amsterdam en West 8 uit Rotterdam)
- Office for Metropolitan Architecture (OMA) uit Rotterdam
- Von Gerkan, Marg und Partner (GMP) uit Hamburg in samenwerking met Kraaijvanger Urbis uit Rotterdam.
These agencies have been invited to develop the design strategy and to present this to the selection committee at the end of September.
Source: Municipality of Rotterdam