On Point • Turkey Real Estate Overview • January 2012
Turkey has always been on the investor radar due to benefiting from its population-2nd most populated in Europe and 2nd highest growth country in 2011 in OECD-impressive economic growth and strategic importance as being one of the powerful players in the world. The political stability and economic progress achieved during the last decade under the AKP government has uplifted Turkey.
- Turkey continued to be on the investor radar in 2011 due to being one of the powerful players in the world.
- Turkey ranked the second after China in growth in the world.
- The Turkish retail market faced strong expansion of retailers through new and innovative concepts during 2011.
- The office market has seen an active occupier demand in 2011 in line with the relocation trend of the companies.
- The improvement in infrastructure has motivated global companies to consider Turkey as a regional logistics hub.
- The ADR and the RevPar of the hotels in İstanbul increased compared to 2010.