Spain’s prime residential markets are recovering with Mallorca, Ibiza and Barcelona leading the way. Kate Everett-Allen, International Residential Research, looks at the latest trends in Spain’s luxury homes market.
- The new ‘golden visa’ is expected to attract a significant number of non-EU investors when it takes effect in 2014.
- Mallorca, Ibiza and Barcelona are currently Spain’s strongest international housing markets.
- The IMF cites evidence of improving economic indicators though Spain’s economy remains fragile.
- Prices in some luxury markets are c.40% below their peak, anecdotal evidence points to rising buyer interest as prices hit new lows.
- There are more buyers making more offers at the asking price than 12 months ago.
(This article features excerpts from the full report – please download it here)