Simmons & Simmons continues the expansion of its real estate and infrastructure teams in the Middle East with the recruitment of Senior Consultant Adrian Cole to its Abu Dhabi office.
Adrian joins Simmons & Simmons from Eversheds' London office. Adrian is a construction and engineering law specialist advising on complex infrastructure and engineering projects. He has extensive international experience having advised public and private clients including funders, on projects from the Far East to North America including Africa and the Middle East. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Adrian qualified as a quantity surveyor and has, in addition to his legal expertise, first hand experience of the technical and practical issues of the construction industry.
Simmons & Simmons is committed to providing its clients in the region with a full range of top quality expertise and experience and has recently significantly expanded its Real Estate team in the Middle East with the transfer of Real Estate partner, David Nunn, from London to Abu Dhabi, the rapidly growing capital of the United Arab Emirates.
Simmons & Simmons has been committed to the Middle East for over 30 years with the firm's office in Abu Dhabi being opened in 1994. The firm now also has offices in both Dubai and Qatar.
David Nunn says: "I am delighted that Adrian has joined the firm's established Real Estate and Infrastructure teams in the Middle East. Adrian brings with him a wealth of knowledge and experience, gained in an international context in relation to some of the most sophisticated projects and I am confident that his expertise will prove to be an invaluable resource for our clients operating in such a demanding and increasingly complex environment."
Adrian Cole says: "I am delighted to join Simmons & Simmons Real Estate and Infrastructure teams in the Middle East and look forward to working to grow these established groups further"
Simmons & Simmons recently appointed a new Real Estate team in Paris headed by Edouard Vitry, avocat and Chartered Surveyor MRICS.
Simmons & Simmons' International Real Estate practice has recently advised:
- Deka Immobilien (the German open ended real estate fund) in connection with the disposal of its freehold interest in 100 Wood Street to a Spanish investor for the sum of £143m;
- Irish real estate fund Le Premier on the Euro 10.6m acquisition of six commercial buildings from the Dutch real estate company Cortona;
- LARMAG Offices GmbH, a subsidiary of the Dutch LARMAG Group, on the acquisition of a commercial real estate portfolio in Germany.
- Simmons & Simmons' Energy and Infrastructure team in the Middle East has recently advised:
- Mubadala, an investment vehicle of the Abu Dhabi Government, in relation to the internationalisation of the procurement and contractual system;
- an Indian conglomerate in relation to the development of a new infrastructure plant in the Middle East.
Source: Simmons & Simmons