Round Hill Capital acting together with StepStone Group Real Estate have completed the multi-currency refinancing of the acquisition debt secured against their Nordic logistics and industrial real estate portfolio, which comprises 327,649m² across 13 assets in Sweden, Norway and Denmark. The new senior loan, with a leading global insurance institution, is for a five-year term and the facility also covers financing for all currently identified capital expenditure projects, which are high value accretive.
The refinancing followed the successful delivery of an identified programme of value-adding active asset management initiatives by Round Hill, as the manager, since acquiring the portfolio in September 2016, underlining how much the assets have been further strengthened and repositioned. The key asset management highlights include:
- Signed 44 new leases totalling 130,143m², representing 40% of the total lettable area, which has increased occupancy by over 10% to 85%
- Increased the weighted average lease term of the portfolio to almost five years from three years, with lease agreements setting new market precedents for rents for their respective areas.
- Round Hill’s active approach has been received well by tenants who have been looking for the security of tenure
- Sold five non-core assets for attractive returns
- Delivering significant value-add initiatives on five assets, which include on-going work to agree significant new leases with tenants, asset extensions and to optimise the use of the land and re-zoning the land to higher value uses.
Commenting on the transaction and the Nordic portfolio, Michael Bickford, founder and CEO of Round Hill Capital, said: “We are pleased to have secured this very attractive debt refinancing, which saw strong appetite from institutional debt investors and offers Round Hill Capital funding diversification on highly competitive terms as well as substantial operational flexibility. We welcome this leading global insurance institution as a supportive partner to Round Hill and we look forward to continuing working with them over the long term. After only two years of ownership, we are very pleased to be ahead of our original expectations on the Portfolio, which provides both stable rental income and higher performing repositioning and development opportunities which are expected to add further value. We continue to look to make further investments in logistics property in the Nordic region and across Europe in line with our existing growth strategy.”