ProLogis, a leading global provider of distribution facilities and services, has announced that it has signed new lease agreements totaling 83,600 m² (approximately 900,000 ft²) of space in the United Kingdom.
The five leases vary in size from 55,000 to 387,000 ft² at various ProLogis facilities in London, the West Midlands and northwest England. All of the agreements are for previously unleased inventory or for space that is due to be completed later this year.
"The pace and scale of the leasing activity that we're seeing throughout the country continues to be remarkable," said Alan Curtis, managing director and head of UK operations. "We're extremely pleased with the success we've seen so far this year, attributable not only to the underlying strength of the market, but to solid execution by our UK team and our continued focus on customer service."
The new transactions include:
- 35,950 m² (387,000 ft²) leased to Tesco at a ProLogis facility in Crewe in northwest England. Tesco, the largest home shopping service in the world specializing in food products, also leases 17,200 m² (185,000 ft²) at a ProLogis facility in Middlewich in northwest England.
- 23,200 m² (250,000 ft²) leased to Dunelm Soft Furnishings at a ProLogis facility in the West Midlands. Dunelm Soft Furnishings is the United Kingdom's largest home furnishings retailer, operating 70 superstores across the UK.
- 10,300 m² (111,000 ft²) leased to Coutts Retail Communications at a ProLogis facility in east London. Coutts is a point-of-sale manufacturer for printing systems.
- 9,000 m² (97,000 ft²) leased to fine clothing retailer Moss Bros. at a ProLogis facility in east London.
- 5,100 m² (55,000 ft²) at ProLogis Park Heathrow to BAA Plc., operator of Heathrow International Airport and six other major airports throughout the UK. The park is located less than two miles from the airport and totals almost 600,000 square feet of industrial space.