ING Real Estate Investment Management ('REIM') announces the appointment of Peter Helfrich as Country Manager of ING Real Estate Investment Management Germany, effective August 1, 2011. Helfrich succeeds Martin Sabelko, who is returning to his original role as Country Manager ING REIM responsible for Central and Eastern Europe to further grow the business in that region.
Peter Helfrich, currently Country Manager ING REIM Nordics and Fund Manager for the ING Real Estate Nordic Property Fund, joins the existing team in Germany and will be responsible to grow the ING REIM Germany's 1 billion asset management business by offering investors around the world access to the largest real estate market in Europe.
Helfrich has built up significant experience across Europe. He joined ING REIM in 2000 as senior asset manager for the ING Dutch Retail Fund. He moved to Stockholm, Sweden, in 2006 and established the ING REIM business and the ING Real Estate Nordic Property Fund. The Fund is a unique diversified unlisted real estate fund in the Nordic region providing best-in-class real estate allocation considering risk and return characteristics. In addition he has been the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the ING RE European Retail Platform for the last four years. In his new role Peter Helfrich will report to Pieter Hendrikse, CEO of ING REIM Europe.
Following the appointment of Peter Helfrich, Chris Wood, currently responsible for the day-to-day business at ING REIM Germany will reinforce his broad network and experience as Director Institutional Clients for Germany, Austria and Switzerland and in addition will focus his responsibilities on the new Service-KAG initiative to contribute to the growth strategy in Germany.
Commenting on the appointment, Pieter Hendrikse, CEO of ING REIM Europe said: "I am pleased with the opportunity to utilize Peter's extensive experience and retail expertise. Peter's experience will be of huge value in further developing the German Real Estate Investment Management business for our clients. His track record and know how about investors and retail will lead to a continued focus on our clients' interests.
"I am convinced that the German team is ready to take the German investment market to the next level. ING REIM is a strong supporter of growth of the ING Real Estate Investment Management business in Germany".
Following this leadership change, ING REIM also announces the following appointments in the Nordics team:
- Martin Sersé will be appointed as Country Manager ING REIM Nordics and Fund Manager of ING Real Estate Nordic Property Fund, effective August 1, 2011. Martin currently holds up the position of CFO of the ING Real Estate Nordic Property Fund. He will report to Pieter Hendrikse, CEO of ING REIM Europe.
- Thirza Hamrin will be appointed Chief Operating Officer ING REIM Nordics, effective August 1, 2011. In her new role she will be responsible for overseeing all financial, operational and administrative aspects of the Nordic business.
- Rik Eertink will be appointed as Head of Asset Management Sweden and Denmark, effective September 1, 2011. He will be based in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Hans Krig will join the ING REIM Nordic Management Team and continue his role as Head of Asset Management Finland.
- Peter Helfrich will continue his supervisory role of ING Real Estate Nordic Property Fund ensuring the continuity of the fund strategy.
Source: ING Real Estate Investment Management