The commercial park Hydrion, situated in Arlon at the border with Luxembourg, will be opened today. The 34,000 m² retail park is a co-operative development of the Belgian project developer De Vlier and Dexia Bank. According to the Belgian developer, Hydrion is the biggest commercial park in Belgium.
The complex consists of an exquisite two-floor shopping arcade, with shopping space for 26 retailers, and a central car park for 900 cars. At the moment, the complex is rented for 85%; the other 15% are leases under negotiation. The complex will offer a wide range of shops and services, such as a supermarket, chemist and restaurant. Casa, C&A, Leen Bakker, Kruidvat and Hema are some of the tenants.
In the neighbourhood of the retail park, new houses are being built in order to meet the growing demand of the local residents.
Source: De Vlier