The MAPIC Awards recognize excellence and innovation in the retail real estate arena. The high profile event attracts global attention from key industry players who come together to celebrate the winners.
The proud 2009 MAPIC Award winners.
The United Kingdom featured strongly in the 2009 MAPIC Awards, winning in four of the seven competition categories.
List of winning entries:
- Retail success story of the year: Primark (United Kingdom)
- Best concept of the year: KidZania (Mexico)
- Developer of the year: Multi Corporation bv (The Netherlands)
- Agent/Consultant of the year: CB Richard Ellis (United Kingdom)
- Best shopping centre of the year: Westfield, London (United Kingdom)
- Best sustainable retail development of the year: Ernst-August-Galerie, Hannover (Germany) / submitted by ECE Projektmanagement
G.m.b.H. & Co. KG
- Urban regeneration initiative of the year: Liverpool One, Liverpool (United Kingdom) / submitted by Grosvenor
The Awards were also a platform for Reed MIDEM's Deputy Managing Director, Thierry Renault, to officially announce his retirement after fifteen years running MAPIC and MIPIM. Nathalie Depetro, MAPIC director, is stepping into his shoes.