JM has presented its Interim Report January - June 2005. Over the first six months of this year the company reports continued strong sales and improved earnings.
The highlights are:
- Net sales increased by 10% to SEK 4,592m (4,165) and the number of sold residential units totaled 2,124 (2,393)
- Profit after financial items improved to SEK 364m (279) and profit after tax for the period was SEK 255m (198). The operating margin was 9.4% (8.9)
- Property sales of SEK 438m (693) provided capital gains of SEK 69m (86)
- Return on equity totaled 17%. Earnings per share for the second quarter totaled SEK 5.20 (3.30)
- Cash flow from operations during the first six months of the year totaled SEK 1,255m (871)
- The company carried out a redemption of shares for SEK 966m during the second quarter.
Johan Skoglund, President and CEO of JM, commented: "Demand for newly built homes remained strong during the second quarter. Our housing development projects continue to show favorable earnings with clear improvement in our Stockholm operations. Our efficiency enhancements have also contributed to the improved margins. Attractive residential units in our projects combined with a good market and low interest rates provide good prospects for 2005."