The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) Europe has announced the 2005 MAXI Awards Finalists, and this year there are more European campaigns than ever before competing for these international shopping centre marketing awards.
The finalists are:
(Country, Shopping Centre, Category, Campaign)
- SonaeSierra Shopping Centres (Lisbon), Community Relations, Dress a Social Cause
- Forum Algarve (Faro), Community Relations, Ice Skating for a Green Forest
- SonaeSierra Shopping Centres (Lisbon), Public Relations, Chocolat
- NorteShopping (Matosinhos), Advertising, Fashion Catalog
- Centro Colombo (Lisbon), Sales Promotion, Hollywood Dream Cars
- Brent Cross (London), Community Relations, Season of Celebration
- St Elli Shopping Centre (Llanelli, Wales), Public Relations, "Grotto Cama"
- The Paisley Centre (Paisley), Sales Promotion, Week on Wheels
- Meadowhall (Sheffield), Revenue Impact, The ARC at Meadowhall
- CentrO (Oberhausen), Public Relations, CentrO Ice Sculpture Festival
- CentrO (Oberhausen), Sales Promotion, CentrO Model Contest
- CentrO (Oberhausen), Sales Promotion, CentrO Ice Sculpture Contest
- CentrO (Oberhausen), Business to Business, B2B Communication
- Parque Principado (Paredes), Advertising, Institutional Campaign
- Luz del Tajo Shopping (Toledo), Grand Opening, Refurbishment or Expansion , Already Arrived and it's ours
- Arkadia (Warsaw), Advertising, Arkadia Grand Opening
- Il Castello (Ferrara), Community Relations, Paint a kite
- Cogest Italia (Cinisello Balsamo), Community Relations, No Smoking Signs
- Bruun's Galleri (Aarhus), Community Relations, Australian Week
- Field's (Copenhagen), Grand Opening, Refurbishment or Expansion, Fields of Shopping, Come Together
The MAXI Awards are the most highly valued international retail marketing awards within the Shopping Centre industry and recognise excellence in shopping centre marketing. The awards have been given every year since 1971 to shopping centres and companies that have designed and implemented the most successful marketing programs during the previous year.
Eileen Connolly, Head of Retail Marketing at Donaldsons, London and Chair of the 2005 MAXI's commented: "I am delighted that so many of the European campaigns have been successful at this stage. The entries came from 21 countries worldwide and the number of European finalists shows the high level of professionalism being achieved in our centres. Marketing plays an ever increasing role in the improved performance of retail property assets and the work being carried out in shopping centres is proving that marketing really does drive profitability - commercially, in the community and as tool to create a point of differentiation with consumers. I very much hope that we shall be able to reward many of our European shopping centres with the much sought after MAXI Merit and MAXI awards later this year."
This year 20 marketing campaigns from shopping centres across seven European countries have been selected as finalists, many of which have already won ICSC Europe Marketing SOLAL awards at the World Summit in Istanbul, Turkey earlier this year.
The Awards will be presented on Tuesday October 18th 2005 in San Diego, California during the ICSC Fall Conference and Trade Expo.