Heijmans (building, infrastructure and real estate development) is expanding its owner-occupied housing operation after winning six proposal contests. About 1,050 homes have been added to the portfolio since 1 July 2004.
One of the core activities of Heijmans is the development of housing. Measured by the number of units built, Heijmans is one of the top 3 in the Netherlands. The target for 2008 is the sale of 4,500 residential properties.
For the most part (about two-thirds), Heijmans´ development activities take place on controlled land (via options or ownership). Its objective is to develop more housing on the basis of conceptual skills, often as partner for local authorities, without control being exercised over the land. Development positions of this nature are often acquired by means of contests or selections held by local authorities, on the basis of the creative contribution made by Heijmans´ subsidiary Proper-Stok.
Since 1 July 2004, Heijmans IBC Property Development has acquired about 1,050 residential properties by winning contests or selection procedures:
- in Leusden, about 200 residences and about 10,000 m2 of commercial space in addition to a school with parking facilities, in collaboration with the municipality of Leusden, WSL housing association and Laak &Eem healthcare organisation
- in Woerden, about 140 residences in the Carré plan in cooperation with the municipality of Woerden and SVW
- in Loenen, 49 residences and 29 free sector plots are being developed in the Cronenburgh plan
- in the Kerk en Zanen plan in Alphen aan de Rijn, 48 flats
- on the Parkweg noord in Schiedam, about 500 residences in cooperation with Stichting WoonPlus
- in De Ark plan in Wageningen, about 76 flats, 2,500 m2 of commercial space, a supermarket and a car park