Global Property Research proudly announces the launch of the GPR 250 REIT Index. The GPR 250 REIT Index is the first global index that tracks the performance of REIT-like structured companies. Recent developments in the global listed property sector call for a uniform REIT index, which is now offered by Global Property Research.
Characteristics of the GPR 250 REIT Index:
- The GPR 250 REIT Index is a subset of the GPR 250 Index, and therefore the same methodology and rules are applied.
- The index is available on a daily basis with five layers of aggregation: global, continent, country, region, and zone.
- The index is calculated in three currencies (US dollar, euro, and local) and is calculated back to 31 December 1989.
- Tailor-made versions of the GPR 250 REIT Index are available upon request.
Statistics of the GPR 250 REIT Index:
- The weight of the United States has increased from 42% (1990) to 72% (2004)
- The historical average dividend yield of the GPR 250 REIT Index is 6.76% versus 4.27% of the GPR 250 Index
- The correlation between the GPR 250 REIT Index and the MSCI Global Equities Index fluctuates between 0.2 and -0.2
- The 10-year annualized total return performance of the GPR 250 REIT Index is 12.5%
The GPR 250 REIT Index is an addition to the broad scale of existing index series that is offered by Global Property Research.
The development of the GPR 250 REIT Index once again shows the dedication and specialization of Global Property Research in the provision of standard and customized benchmarks for the listed property sector.
Please click on the link below to download a research report containing an overview of the global REIT market, and the characteristics and descritptive statistics of the GPR 250 REIT Index.