International experts and major professionals at MIPIM Asia will reveal the keys to success in the Asia Pacific property markets.
During focused conferences, experts will answer all the basic questions asked by companies planning to develop in these markets. These issues include:
- ROI in Asia-Pacific: what to expect and how to maximize opportunities?
- Vietnam, Korea and China: what are the specific assets and contrasts in these currently buoyant markets?
- REITs in Asia Pacific: what's next?
Alongside the conference programme, the exhibition area will enable key players in the sector to showcase their latest projects and make new, high-level contacts on an international scale. Over 1,800 professionals and 228 exhibitors from 42 countries are now registered for MIPIM Asia, the international Asia Pacific property market, to be held from 27 to 29 September 2006 at the HK Convention and Exhibition Centre in Hong Kong.
Major conference topics:
Tuesday September 26 : pre-opening conference
17:00-17:45 The World Squared : global influences on Asia-Pacific real estate
- Rod CORNISH, Head of Research, Macquarie Real Estate, Maquarie Bank Ltd. (Australia)
Wednesday September 27:
9:30-10:15 Foreign Direct Investment - Where is it going?
- LEUNG Chun-Ying, Chairman North Asia, DTZ Debenham Tie Leung (HK)
14:00-15:00 Returns in Asia Who knows?
- Nicholas BROOKE, Chairman, Professional Property Services Ltd. (HK)
- Henry CHIN, Head of Asia Pacific Real Estate Research, RREEF (UK)
- John SAUNDERS, Managing Director-Regional Property Research, CLSA (HK)
- Kevin SWADDLE, Asia Director, IPD Investment Property Databank (UK)
14:00-15:00 Showcase of the hottest RE sectors Vietnam, Korea, China
- Graham CHASE, President, The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (UK)
- David FAULKNER, Regional Director, Colliers International (HK)
- Richard MIDDLETON, Managing Director-Greater China, Cushman & Wakefield (China)
- Dr Jung-Kyu OH, Director General of Free Economic Zone, Ministry of Finance and Economy (Korea)
17:00-17:45 Growth in China How much? How long?
- Prof. FAN Gang, Director, National Economic Research Institute, China Reform Foundation (China)
Thursday September 28:
9:30-10:15 Japan will it remain the leading destination for RE Investment?
- Dr. Yuichiro KAWAGUCHI, Professor Graduate School of Finance, Accounting & Law, Waseda University (Japan)
14:00-15:00 What's next for the Asia Pacific REIT's?
- Brian CHINAPPI, Managing Director RREEF Asia, Deutsche Asset Management Ltd. (HK)
- Anthony DE FRANCESCO, Head of Research, Colonial First State Property (Australia)
- Yuichi HIROMOTO, President & Executive Director, Japan Retail Fund Investment Corporation (Japan)
- Chris REILLY, Director of Property-Asia, Henderson Global Investors (Singapour)
- Jeremy STEWARDSON, Chief Executive, Eagle Asset Management (CP) Ltd. (HK)
14:00-15:00 Asia Shopping Centers : size vs quality
- David HAND, Managing Director, Jones Lang Lasalle (China)
- Glen MURPHY, Managing Director, ACNielsen (China)
- Robert WALKER, Division Director, Macquarie Real Estate Capital (HK)
- Yan YANG, Principal/General Manager, Callison (China)
17:00-17:45 India the next Eden for RE Investment?
- Sanjay VERMA, Managing Director, Cushman & Wakefield Pvt. Ltd. (India)
Friday September 29:
9:30-10:30 Investor's success Stories
- Timothy E. BELLMAN, Head of Strategy and Research, ING Real Estate Investment Management (HK)
- John GARIMORT, Director, IPD (Australia)
- Jonathan GREEN, President & CEO, Rockefeller Group International (USA)
- Stephen HAWKINS, Group Corporate Services Executive, Macquarie Goodman (Australia)
9:30-10:30 - Traffic,