Ecological business park to be built in Warsaw (PL)

SwedeCenter, a development company of the Inter IKEA Group, is to build the first ecological business park in Poland – Business Garden. Cushman & Wakefield, the global commercial property consultant and the exclusive agent for the park, will be responsible for the commercialization of the complex.


The Business Garden in Warsaw, an ecological complex by design studio JSK Architekci.

The Business Garden complex will combine together with offices, hotel, conference, retail and service features. It will be located within 2 km from the Okæcie Airport and 5 km from the centre of Warsaw, at the junction of Ýwirki i Wigury, 1 Sierpnia and Iùýecka Streets.

Business Garden will be constructed on a six-hectare site, only 40% of which will be developed. The remaining 60% of the site will boast gardens and water features. The complex will provide 90,000 m² of commercial space to be built in phases however the developer does not preclude the possibility of building the whole park in one go. In the first phase, two of the seven planned buildings will be delivered: a hotel, conference and office building offering 14,000 m² and an office building offering 17,300 m². The construction of the first phase of the complex is scheduled to start in April 2010 and is to be completed in late 2011.

The complex has been designed by the design studio JSK Architekci.

The project will be the first "green" business park in Poland which meets all the significant ecological criteria. SwedeCenter intends to apply for a special LEED certificate which will confirm the ecological status of the project. LEED aims to promote a comprehensive approach to ecological sustainability by meeting the requirements regarding sustainable sites, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, materials, waste management as well as innovation and design.

Source: Cushman & Wakefield

Related News