Citycon opens redeveloped and extended Åkersberga Centrum (SE)

On April 15, 2011, Citycon opened the entire Åkersberga Centrum shopping center, located in Stockholm Metropolitan Area, after a major extension and redevelopment. The extension, with 20 stores, opened last October, and now the fully renovated original part has also been opened.

New stores to open in the shopping center include H&M, MQ, Esprit, Hemtex, Kjell & Co and Ur & Penn. Wänlunds Fritidsvaruhus, which specializes in boating and leisure equipment, opened already earlier in the winter.

The largest tenant in the extension opened last autumn is the grocery store ICA Kvantum. Åkersberga Centrum also houses a library, which moved to modern premises in the new section of the shopping center last autumn.

"We are now completing the second phase in the development and modernization of Åkersberga Centrum. Seven all-new stores, especially wished by our customers, will open their doors. They will reinforce our offerings in fashion, home electronics and décor in particular," says Ulf Attebrant, Vice President of Citycon's Swedish Operations.

Åkersberga Centrum now hosts some 70 stores, service providers and restaurants. The center's leasable area totals 27,500 m². The total redevelopment investment was around SEK 467 million (approx. €52.3 million). Citycon owns 75% of the center, with Armada Fastigheter AB holding the other 25%. The two shareholders split the costs of the redevelopment project in proportion to their ownership.

Source: GlobeNewswire

Related News