Linkcity UK, the property development arm of Bouygues UK, has signed agreements with multiple partners for the €264m (gross development value) phase 3 of Hallsville Quarter, the major regeneration programme with the London Borough of Newham at Canning Town. After delivering the first two phases of the Hallsville Quarter regeneration project, the Group will now construct the third phase, which will consist of:
- 278 private rental homes for Grainger,
- 143 shared ownership or private sale units,
- 199 affordable homes, including 50 extra-care apartments, will be owned and managed by One Housing Group,
- A health centre for Newham Care Commissioning Group,
- 1,125m² of business accommodation,
- 1,545m² of leisure space,
- A new basement car park for 143 vehicles,
- New high-quality public spaces, including fountains and play areas.
As the main contractor for this phase of the development, Bouygues UK began works in June 2020, with completion expected in 2024.
The first two phases have already delivered 528 new homes, a 196-room hotel, restaurants, a gym, leisure spaces, a car park and improved public realm, including the creation of Terry Spinks Place under the A13 flyover and a new piece of public art. The development of Hallsville Quarter is part of a vast programme to regenerate Canning Town, in the East End of London, providing a total of 1,100 homes, over 30,000m² of leisure and retail space, more than 2,975m² of space for community facilities, as well as new public spaces, pedestrian links, cyclist provision and 1,100 secure parking spaces.