Gross operating income up 13.9%, operating income up 21.1%, net income group share: 3,761 million euros (+14.1%). 4th Quarter: Net income group share up 33.2%, dividend raised from 1.20 to 1.45 euro (+21%).
BNP Paribas´ results in the 4th quarter were up sharply compared to the 4th quarter 2002 (gross operating income/ +13.1%; operating income: +29.4%; net income group share: +33.2%).
For the whole year 2003, in an environment that was improving but still difficult in Europe, and despite the adverse effects of the weaker dollar, the Group posted signigicantly higher operating performances:
- Gross operating income: 6,650 million euros (+13,9%)
- Operating income (after net additions to provisions): 5,289 million euros (+21.1%)
- Net income group share: 3,761 million euros (14.1%) despite a substantial decline in the contribution of non-operating items (297 million euros compared to 445 million euros in 2002)
- Return on equity after tax: 14.3%
Each of the Group´s leading core businesses contributed to this performance:
- Thanks to the very good results of its two business lines, Retail Banking again enjoyed sustained growth in its income.
- Capitalising on the recovery of equity markets, AMS saw a significant rebound starting in the second quarter of the year.
- Corporate and Investment Banking posted very good results and returned to its best level of profitability achieved in 2000.
A dividend of 1.45 euro per share, up to 21%, will be put to shareholders for a vote to the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders.
Source: BNP Paribas