- The UK economy continues to recover, boosted by strengthening labour and housing markets.
- A strong 2014 expected for UK property, as rental growth accelerates and yields harden.
- Increasing optimism surrounds the occupier market, with improving prospects for rental growth in the South East and the regions.
- Strong return prospects for the South East and regional markets, boosted by improving fundamentals and lessening investor risk aversion.
- Retail expected to lag overall, reflecting continued structural change, although prospects polarised.
- Rising appetite expected for planning development projects.
- Rising investor interest in the ‘Alternatives’ as competition rises for assets in the traditional commercial sectors.
- The “hunt for value” to become an increasingly important trend.
(This article features excerpts from the full report – please download it here)