A fund affiliated with Starwood Capital Group has acquired UK hotel owner and operator Four Pillars Hotels.
The transaction includes a portfolio of five owned and leased hotels and one managed hotel in Oxfordshire and the surrounding areas, comprising 863 rooms. The historic city of Oxford is one of the UK’s leading business and tourist destinations, attracting more than 9.5 million domestic and international visitors annually.
“Four Pillars offers high-quality, full-service, four-star hotels in superb locations,” said Kevin Colket, Senior Vice President at Starwood Capital Group. “We look forward to building on the company’s operational excellence and its longstanding client focus.”
The portfolio’s properties include:
• Cotswold Water Park: A modern, 328-room hotel located in the heart of the Cotswolds.
• Tortworth Court: A 190-room, Grade II-listed Victorian mansion hotel surrounded by 30 acres of parkland.
• Oxford Spires: A 174-room hotel located within a half-mile of Oxford’s city centre.
• Oxford Thames: A newly expanded, 84-room hotel located in the countryside just three miles from Oxford.
• Oxford Witney: A contemporary, 87-room hotel set near the historic market town of Witney.
• Oxford Abingdon: A 66-room hotel managed by Four Pillars located in the historic town of Abingdon-on-Thames.
Source: Starwood Capital Group