On Thursday 19 April, 2007, the Nederlandse Raad van Winkelcentra (NRW) has announced the winner of the NRW Annual Award 2007. From the seven nominees the jury unanimously selected De Parade in Bergen op Zoom, an inner city redevelopment project of Bouwfonds MAB Ontwikkeling CVG, as the Award winner.
De Parade, designed by architects Rob Krier, Bob van Reeth, Sjoerd Soeters and Jan Wijts, involves the redevelopment of the southeastern corner of the town center, outlining the construction of some 18,000 m² of rentable floor space, 460 parking spaces in two new parking garages and 67 townhouses and apartments.
The jury praised De Parade for being distinguishing and innovative by amongst other things the grandeur of the project, its ideal mix of large and small retail units and the
De Parade, Bergen op Zoom, winner of the NRW award
quality impulse that the project has given to the city of Bergen op Zoom. According to the jury, De Parade is an excellent development project an estimation that has even more value due to the high quality of the entries to the 2007 Award.
The NRW Annual Award 2007 jury consisted of:
- Henk Gianotten, managing director Panteia (Jury Chairman)
- Pieter Affourtit, managing director WPM Groep
- Willem Veldhuizen, managing director Stable International
- Baldwin Poolman, managing director Cushman & Wakefield
- Herman Hanselaar, managing director Etam Groep
- Nolly Speijers, journalist De Telegraaf
- Cees van der Goes, architect Buro Van der Goes Architecten
- Kai van Hasselt, trendwatcher Shinsekai Analysis
- Paul Rüpp, deputee Province of Northern-Brabant
Other nominees for the NRW Annual Award 2007 were (in random order):
- 3Vriendenhof in Dordrecht (TOP Vastgoed Planontwikkeling)
- Hof van Gelderland in Ede (ING Real Estate Development / Macéka Vastgoed)
- Lange Voort in Oegstgeest (Fortis Vastgoed Ontwikkeling / William Properties / Corio Nederland Retail)
- Musiskwartier in Arnhem (Multi Vastgoed)
- Spazio in Zoetermeer (Rodamco Europe)
- Suydersee in Dronten (Foruminvest)