CoreNet Global, the world¹s leading professional association of corporate real estate and workplace executives, has announced the election of David M. Harris, MCR, as Chairman of the Board of Directors for the 7000-member association. The announcement was made at the CoreNet Global Summit in Denver.
Harris will succeed Mark Golan of Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA), as CoreNet Global¹s new Chairman. Harris is the Senior Vice President of Global Business Services for Sun Microsystems Inc., based in Menlo Park, CA.
Another officer who will assume a new board position at the end of the Denver Summit is Chair-elect, Mark Tamburro (Farnborough, United Kingdom).
Tamburro is the Vice President of Workplace Resources for Nokia. Ron Zappile of United Technologies (Farmington, CT), who was appointed Treasurer, and Golan, as immediate past chair, round out the officers¹ positions on the Board of Directors.
Newly-elected directors are:
- Barry Varcoe, Director, Group Property, The Royal Bank of Scotland Group
- Mark Gorman, Director of Global Real Estate, Nortel
- Karen Ellzey, Executive Managing Director, CB Richard EllisSuzanne Heidelberger, Director of Real Estate, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Stephen Stoner, President, Corporate Services Group, Grubb & Ellis Company
Harris will serve for one year. All newly appointed members to the Board of Directors would serve for a term of three years concluding in the spring of 2010.
Outgoing board members were also recognized:
- Roy Clousdale, Vice President, Corporate Clients, Johnson Controls,Inc.
- William F. Concannon, Vice Chairman, CB Richard Ellis
- John W. Davis, MCR, Managing Partner, DWG Partners
- Jeffrey L. Elie, Vice President, Global Real Estate & Facilities, Kaplan, Inc.
The MCR is the Masters of Corporate Real Estate professional designation validating a high level of competency in corporate and workplace management.
Source: Cornet Global