EPRA has presented the winner of the 2006 EPRA Best Performer Award, sponsored by Dutch merchant bank Kempen & Co N.V. and LaSalle Investment Management. The aim of the Award is to formally recognize a company, for its outstanding share price performance, due to good and active management, while providing high transparency to investors.
F.l.t.r.: Dr. Bernd Kottmann, Dr. Wolfhard Leichnitz,
and Dr. Wilhelm Breuer, of IVG .
The independent Award Committee consists of representatives from both the buy-side and the sell-side. The Award Committee performed its analysis in total independence from EPRA. Kempen & Co and LaSalle provided valuable input in constructing the Award criteria. The Award criteria are as follows:
- Best absolute total return performance over 2006 in local currency
- Relative out-performance versus the country index in local currency for the past 3 years, so consistent performance is ensured
- Constituent of the EPRA/NAREIT Europe Index for the past three years
- EPRA membership is non-relevant
- Qualitative criteria such as corporate governance, liquidity and transparency are taken into account by the Award Committee
The winner of the EPRA Best Performer Large Cap Award 2006 sponsored by LaSalle is IVG Immobilien (Germany). IVG Immobilien showed a total return in local currency of 82% in 2006. The winner of the EPRA Best Performer Small/Mid Cap Award 2006 sponsored by Kempen & Co, is Marylebone Warwick Balfour (UK). Marylebone Warwick Balfour showed a total return in local currency of over 62% in 2006. The awards were presented to both IVG Immobilien and Marylebone Warwick Balfour during the EPRA conference on 6 & 7 September.
The Award Committee:
- Michiel Te Paske (Morgan Stanley)
- Paul van der Vaart (ABP)
- John Hammond (Deutsche Bank AM)
- Philippe Le Trung (Citigroup)
- Quentin Freeman (UBS) - Chairman
Read more about the EPRA conference in the On the Road story of Marinus Dijkman, CEO of Real Estate Publishers - coming up soon!