The International Council of Shopping Centers Europe (ICSC Europe) has announced the winners of the 2007 European Shopping Centre Awards as well as the winners of the 2007 European Solal Marketing Awards. The 2007 Awards were presented at the 32nd ICSC European Conference on 26 April 2007 in Warsaw, Poland.
2007 ICSC European Shopping Centre Awards
Every year, ICSC Europe presents awards to the best new and refurbished or extended retail developments in Europe. New this year is the ReSource recognition, recognizing the industry's commitment to sustainable development. With the already established ReStore recognition for Public-Private Partnerships, the ICSC Awards lead the industry in identifying trends and progress in retail development.
The Awards Jury consists of senior international figures
The winners of the 2007 ICSC European Shopping Centre Awards.
within the shopping center industry and any retail or entertainment project opened or newly refurbished or extended between July 1st 2004 and June 30th 2006 was eligible to apply for an Award.
Entries this year competed in six categories. The winnners are:
New Centres Small (<30,000 m²)
- Award: Place d'Armes, Valenciennes, France
New Centres Medium (30,001-45,000 m²)
- Award: Dolce Vita Porto, Porto, Portugal
- Commendation: Etllinger Tor, Karlsruhe, Germany
- Commendation: Kanyon, Istanbul, Turkey
New Centres Large (45,001-65,000 m²)
- Award: Forum Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
- Commendation: Chapelfield, Norwich, United Kingdom
New Centres Very Large (>65,001 m²)
- Award: Dundrum Town Centre, Dublin, Ireland
- Commendation: Silesia City Center, Katowice, Poland
Specialized Factory Outlet Centre
- Commendation: Barberino Designer Outlet, Florence, Italy
- Award: Europark, Salzburg, Austria
- Commendation: RioSul Shopping, Seixal, Portugal
ReStore (Recognizing Retail Regeneration)
- Laureate: L'esplanade, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
- Laureate: Manchester Arndale, Manchester, United Kingdom
Resource (Supporting Sustainable Development)
- Laureate: Sonae Sierra, Lisbon, Portugal
Stephen Pragnell, President of Apsys Polska and Awards Jury Chair, said, "This year we saw a record number of entrants, making the jury's decisions extremely hard. The finalists represented 20 dynamic, cutting-edge shopping centers from 15 countries. The ICSC's 2007 European Awards are a cross-section of the best and brightest of their kind."
2007 Solal Marketing Awards
The Solal Marketing Awards bring together the very best of retail marketing across Europe, recognizing best practice and rewarding those with the most effective campaigns.
Shopping centers from 12 countries across Europe made the final list, with seven finalists coming from Spain and five from the United Kingdom.
Entries competed in the following categories:
The winners of the Solal Marketing Awards
Consumer and Trade Advertising
- Award: Bullring, Birmingham, United Kingdom, with the campaign 'Be at the Centre'
- Merit: Freeport Excalibur, South Moravia, Czech Republic, with the campaign 'Freeport Excalibur Lowest Price Guarantee'
- Award: CentrO Oberhausen, Germany, with the campaign 'CentrO Christmas Market'
- Merit: CentrO Oberhausen, Germany, with the campaign 'CentrO Corporate Partnership Programme'
- Award: Kanyon, Istanbul, Turkey, with the campaign 'Kanyon Under Construction'
- Merit: Glories Shopping Centre, Barcelona, Spain, with the campaign 'Glories sponsors the Barcelona FC'
- Merit: Plaza Romania, Bucharest, Romania, with the campaign 'Plaza Romania Gets into a Costume'
Grand Opening, Anniversary, Refurbishment or Extension
- Merit: Scotch Hall, Drogheda, Ireland, with the campaign 'She's got it!'