Nokia's Mark Tamburro of the United Kingdom is the new Chairman of CoreNet Global's Board of Directors, the 7000-member international association of corporate real estate and workplace executives announced yesterday. Tamburro will take office when the new Board year starts on 12 May, 2008, at the close of the CoreNet Global San Diego Summit.
Tamburro, Vice President of Workplace Resources for Nokia in their Farnborough office succeeds Sun Microsystems Senior Vice President David M. Harris, MCR, as Chairman.
Tamburro will serve with Board members from a broad spectrum of the corporate real estate industry, including corporate end users, service providers and an economic developer. It's a globally diverse group which hails from the US, Canada, Great Britain, Hong Kong and Australia. Tamburro is the first non-American elected chairman.
Frank Hendriksen, chair of the Benelux Chapter Board, comments, "We are very pleased to welcome Mark as the new Chairman of the Board at CoreNet Global. Europe is an important and growing region for CoreNet Global, and we have some very active chapters and members, including the second largest chapter outside of the United States. We're looking forward to working with Mark over the coming year, and are interested to hear his vision for CoreNet Global in Europe."
Barry Varcoe of The Royal Bank of Scotland was elected as the Chair-Elect for the new Board year. He will succeed Tamburro as Chairman in 2009.
Stephen A. Stoner, Managing Director - Central Region, First Industrial Realty Trust, who was appointed Treasurer, and Harris of Sun as Immediate Past Chairman, round out the officers' positions on the Board of Directors.
CoreNet Global also announces new directors who were elected for a three-year term:
- Richard Paver, Vice President Group Real Estate, BP International Ltd
- Mark Schleyer, Vice President Corporate Real Estate, AT&T Inc.
- Lee Utke, Director, Global Corporate Real Estate, Whirlpool Corp.
- Richard (Rick) Bertasi, Vice President and General Manager, EMEA Global Workplace Solutions, Johnson Controls
- Bruce Ficke, Executive Vice President Client Solutions, Cushman & Wakefield
In addition, the Board has appointed five Associate Directors with a one-year term:
- Stephen (Steve) Hargis, MCR, Senior Vice President, HOK
- Tim McGrath, Assistant Deputy Minister, Public Works & Gov't Services, Canada
- Mary Jane Olhasso, Director of Economic Development, City of Ontario, California
- Bruce Richards, MCR, National Portfolio Manager, Corporate Real Estate Group, Australia Post
- Randall (Randy) White, Senior Director Asia Pacific, DTZ
The new group will join the following who continue in their board leadership positions:
- Karen Ellzey, Executive Managing Director, CB Richard Ellis
- Mark Gorman, MCR, Director of Global Real Estate, Nortel
- Suzanne Heidelberger, Director of Real Estate, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Renee Leach, Director, Global Workplace Program, Hewlett Packard
- Trex Morris, MCR, Americas Director, Real Estate Services, Ernst & Young
- Ed Noha, Managing Director, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Wayne Peacock, Executive Vice President, USAA
The MCR is the Masters of Corporate Real Estate professional designation validating a high level of competency in corporate and workplace management.
Source: FD Tamesis