Commerz Real expands its real estate portfolio in Finland (DE/FI)

Commerz Real has just intensified its commitment in Finland by acquiring the Lintulahti office building in Helsinki, which is earmarked for the hausInvest europa open-ended real estate fund. The investment volume spent on this office scheme – completed in 2009 – totaled €41 million.


The 11,000-m² Lintulahti office building is located in downtown Helsinki.

Over 90% of the gross lettable area of 11,000 m² is rented to two parties with superior credit ratings from the public and service sectors, respectively, the remaining 10% being secured through a three-year rental guarantee. The property was sold by Skanska Commercial Development Nordic.

"The acquisition of the sustainable Lintulahti office building marks the addition of another high-end property to hausInvest europa. It was the first building in the Nordic region to achieve pre-certification under the international environmental rating system LEED," said Hans-Joachim Kühl, Member of the Board of Commerz Real and in charge of real estate acquisitions.

"Having acquired the Swing Life Centre in Espoo in 2009, this is the second Finnish office property for the hausInvest europa fund. Moreover, we have a strong interest in making further acquisitions in Scandinavia."

The Lintulahti office building is located in downtown Helsinki, in view of the Baltic Sea. The location benefits from the excellent transport connectivity to the motorway network, the nearby airport, and public transportation. The decidedly high-profile technical fit-out of the property permits flexible use options.

Source: Commerz Real

Related News