Central & Eastern Europe's most prestigious industry awards event, the CENTRAL & EASTERN EUROPEAN REAL ESTATE QUALITY AWARDS, has announced this year's Quality Awards Jury as well as a new award for the best new building design in 2005.
The new award, the CEE OUTSTANDING BUILDING DESIGN 2005, brings the total of awards to 17, to be handed out at the industry's lavish gala dinner and ceremony at the five star InterContinental Warsaw Hotel on 7th February 2006. The awards cover real estate investment and development across 11 countries in the Central & Eastern European market including Russia, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania.
The awards are given to real estate developments, companies active in real estate including investors, banks, developers and commercial services companies, and also to individual professionals active in the industry in the region. They are awarded on to projects completed in 2005, and to companies and individuals based on their performance in the market in 2005. In previous years a special award for Lifetime Achievement has been given to Eugene Golub, founder and president of Golub & Co who were responsible for the first private real estate transaction in Central & Eastern Europe, and Polish-American businessman David Mitzner, founder and president of investor Apollo Rida, for his outstanding contribution to the real estate industry in Central & Eastern Europe. Mr Mitzner's company also picked up the award for CEE Investor of the Year 2004 following it's announcement of the largest signle transaction in the history of the market at nearly $1bn, while awards were also won by projects and companies in Lithuania, Romania, Hungary and Czech Republic.
The Quality Awards Jury brings together some of the most senior industry operators each year to judge nominations received from across the region. The integrity of the event and of the awards themselves is heavily guarded, with a strict judging procedure to ensure no commercial bias in the selection of the short-lists and winners.
The 2005 Quality Awards Jury consists of:
- Ben Bannatyne, Managing Director Central Europe of Jones Lang LaSalle
- Paul Betts, Managing Director Central Europe of King Sturge
- Zygmunt Chyla, Chairman of the Board of TK Development
- Alan Colquhoun, Managing Director Poland of DTZ
- Todd Cowan, Chief Executive Officer of TriGranit
- Neil Gregory-Eaves, Managing Director Central & Eastern Europe of Colliers International
- Walter Hampel, Senior Director of Hype Real Estate bank Intl
- Peter Morris, Managing Director Central & Eastern Europe of Ober Haus Real Estate
- Mike Pearce, Senior European Partner of EC Harris
- Guy Perry, Managing Director of INVI
- Richard Petersen, Managing Director Poland & Central Europe of Cushman & Wakefield H&B
- Andreas Ridder, Managing Director central & Eastern Europe of CB Richard Ellis
- Eric Rosedale, Co-Chairman Global Real Estate of Salans
- Klaus Schmidt, Managing Partner of Sachsenfonds
Andreas Ridder, Managing Director Central & Eastern Europe for CB Richard Ellis, the world's largest real estate agent, said: "I really think the organizers do a fantastic job, and this event is continuously growing in importance in the region."